…there is more to truth than what we call facts…

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Undying Optimism, Fighting for Populism.

To begin, can I share what I wrote as "notes" on reason number 10 for "10 Reasons There's a Bright Future for Journalism"?

10. Stories never end! they just go on and on my friend, some people started writing them, not knowing they're insane, and they'll continue writing even when the rest complain...

Upon completion of humoring me, Click here!

Thank you, thank you... I'll be here until the tomatoes start to fly.

On a more serious note (though not too serious, this is Folly), My sister-- who I believe is the only person that reads this blog willingly--mentioned that my posts were a tad too harsh. Because of this, I would like to express my sincere apologies to all those readers who either like the New York Times or care about what a journalist thinks... Press this Button.

Forward march! We now must tackle the issue at hand: The Future of Journalism. Often times I feel as if the future of journalism gets confused for the future of the print business. As much as it pains me to say, newspapers are failing, and I'd be willing to blame it on our generation. We don't like to read the newspaper-- we want news, but we get it online. This fact didn't really bother me until I found this website... the title alone made me depressed. Paul Gillin was one of the few newspaper men that predicted the dying industry-- but even he has not lost hope (not that you would guess that from his domain name...)

Here's the thing, my title is not just a clever rhyme (though I do admit that it worked out much better than I originally expected), it is the truth! We can have undying optimism because our job is to preserve a populist mentality! (I have now reached my limit on exclamation points, please imagine my enthusiasm on your own now) The world will always need someone who is willing to put themselves on the line to protect the "little guy". That is who we are. We are protectors. 


So, yeah, print journalism is kind of on it's way out. Considering that most of us have our majors aimed towards Communications: Print Journalism, that's not an unimportant fact, but just because the print part of us will die does not mean we have to let go of the Journalist within. 


The world will always need Journalists because it will always need Protectors. 







With all of Folly's Frivolities,


Allison Goett

No comments:

Post a Comment